If you want a checking account with no hidden fees that earns more, let a CapEd High Yield Checking account reward you!
Benefits and Rewards
- Earns more than a regular checking account with 2.50% APY1 on balances up to $10,000
- Domestic ATM refunds2 up to a maximum of $25
- No monthly service fees
- No minimum balance required!
How to Qualify for Rewards
- At least one direct deposit or automatic payment must post or clear on your account each qualification cycle.
- At least twelve debit card purchases must post and settle on your account each qualification cycle.
- Must enroll in online banking and accept disclosure to receive eStatements.
Sign up for a High Yield Checking account
- A CapEd membership is required to open a High Yield Checking account
- Only one High Yield Checking account per main Social Security Number (SSN) is allowed.
- A current email address must be kept on file
Request a New Member High Yield Checking Account
Request This Account as an Existing Member
|$0 – $10,000 (qualifications met)||2.47%||2.50%|
|Balances over $10,000 (qualifications met)||0.20%||0.20%|
|$0 – $10,000 (qualifications not met)||0.05%||0.05%|
|Balances over $10,000 (qualifications not met)||0.05%||0.05%|
All Checking Account Rates
How will I know if I’ve received my rewards?
- Members receive monthly emails to the email address associated with the account indicating if they qualified for rewards during the qualification cycle.
- Requirements are waived during the first qualification cycle and the high yield rate is earned regardless of whether the requirements are met.
What are the qualification cycles?
- Qualification cycles begin on the last day of the month and end the day before the last day of the next month.
What happens if I don’t meet the qualifications for the rewards?
- After the first qualification cycle, the non-qualifying APY1 is earned and ATM fees will not be refunded during any qualification cycle the requirements are not met. Members can start over the next month and work toward meeting the requirements to earn the higher rates.
1 APY is Annual Percentage Yield. Rates are accurate as of the last dividend declaration date and may change after the account is opened. Rates are earned when qualifications are met. Fees or other conditions could reduce the earnings on the account.
2 Domestic ATM fees, up to a maximum of $25 each qualification cycle, when qualifications are met. ATM receipt must be presented for reimbursement of ATM fees of $5 or higher.
If you have any questions, please call our Member Services Department at 208-884-0150 or 800-223-SAVE (7283).